Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 7, 2012

It's Been A While....

I know, I know. Life happens. I have an all over the place toddler, a house that needs constant cleaning....and time has just passed me by. I still need to do a birthday part post. I haven't forgotten. In the meantime, an update on my girl.

At 2 days shy of 14 months old, Mady is FINALLY sleeping through the night. Some night she still wakes, but I can officially say, she STTN more often than not. It's so nice to have more than 4 hours of sleep at a time. Typically she goes to sleep between 7:15 and 7:45 PM and sleeps until around 8:30 AM. It's glorious. And this is the first time I've said it out loud. Brett and I treat STTN like Lord Voldemort, it's the "thing that can't be said". Hopefully I haven't just jinxed it.

Mady is like a sponge right now. She soaks up anything and everything we try to teach her. She can tell you where her eyes, nose, mouth, hair, belly, belly button, toes and butt are. She can make the sounds of a cat, sheep, owl, bear/lion, duck and snake. And she still thinks a dog is a "shhh"...and she says that's the sound a dog makes as well. So cute. I need to make a list of words she's saying.

Mady still loves to dance and she LOVES to play outside. She runs to the back door every day and looks at me, saying, "Side?" I either open the door for her, or she throws a tantrum. And yes, we're dealing with full on tantrums now. Daily tantrums. I'm talking, screaming, rolling on the floor, banging her head, ridiculous tantrums. The other day her tantrum lasted for 30 minutes, and I ignored it. She was angry at that and would roll like a log from room to room, following me. She's a drama queen.

Let's see. She won't eat much meat other than ham and chicken nuggets. She loves, loves, loves her fruit, especially berries. Her favorite foods in general are the previously mentioned, cheese, pancakes, quesadillas, goldfish, Mommy's chicken casserole, and that's about it. I feed her what she likes, so she'll at least eat. I try to sneak vegetables and other things in as much as possible. With her still not even weighing 20 pounds yet though, I just need her to eat. We do milk and lots of yogurt too.

Mady still loves to read her books. She got a set of instruments for her birthday so she loves playing the recorder, tamborine and castanets. She still loves Mickey Mouse and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". We've been to many more play group events, although she's still really only doing parallel play for now. We keep trying. We try to hit the park daily and she is getting braver and braver. Mady took swimming lessons twice a week for two months. We're taking a break for the summer and we'll go back once she's a few months older.

Not sure what else right now. Tomorrow is Easter, I know she'll have a great day.

Here are lots and lots of pictures. (I don't know why the scale of these pictures is off. Sorry about that.)

She had pinkeye just after she turned 13 months old. She looks like she got in a fight, doesn't she?



Playing Outside:




Swimming Lessons:



Random Pictures:
With her buddy, Mickey:

Cuddling her seahorse during a nap. I've been DYING to take this picture:

Caught in the act:

Going down the slide at a play group event:

"I'm pretty cool wearing Daddy's sunglasses":

2 comments:

  1. Wow she's such a big girl now! I really like seeing her in the pool - absolutely adorable. Looking forward to Nia taking swimming lessons this summer too =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving all of the pics! Especially the swimming pics and with the shades on :)

      Delete