

**Edited to add pictures**
I have no picture right now because our wireless modem took a dive and I can't use my laptop. In turn, this desktop computer of Brett's has some kind of virus on it and I can't get any pictures off of it...nor can I use Facebook (GASP!!!). I'd like to get on my husband about getting a new wireless router or whatever he wants to do, but telling him, "Get this fixed so I can get on Facebook and upload pictures" seems kind of...dumb. We have bigger things to deal with right now. So, no pictures and no Facebook for now. I'll survive.
Anyway, back to my two month old little princess....
Colic is still there but there has been a VAST improvement. I don't know if it's me not consuming dairy or if she's simply growing past the colic. I hope it's that she's getting over the colic because honestly, I miss a good ol' glass of milk. But, so be it. Whatever needs to happen for Mady to be comfortable, I'm doing.
Mady has to be over 10 pounds now. I can't beleive it. Dr. stats to be reported soon. She has been sleeping a lot better....her patterns have changed drastically. But, she typically goes down for the night between 7:30 and 8:30 PM ...the sleeps until anywhere between 2 and 4 AM. She gets a bottle and then sleeps again until somewhere between 5 and 8, depending on what time her night wake up was. There's still no predictability to it, but, we're getting longer stretches and that's good.
She's up to eating 4 ounces per feeding....with a 5 ounce feeding before bed and at the middle of the night feeding. I'm not sure if that's what we're supposed to be doing, but the second night she woke up STARVING, I figured if she's sleeping longer, she might need more in her belly to sustain her.
Mady is babbling a lot more and smiles are a constant. I'm working on getting her to laugh, but no luck yet. She is SO strong. M isn't a fan of tummy time, but she tolerates is for a while and does pretty well when she wants to. She hold her head up VERY well and can almost kick out of the boppy. She's rolled onto her left side once. (That was a fluke...don't expect it again for a while.) I'm working on her holding things in her hands...a rattle, Sophie, etc.
What else? She's in 3 month clothing now. Still roomy, but she has to wear them for the length. I hope she is at least taller than I am when she gets older. She loves her activity mat and loves watching hockey with Daddy. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" are usually a hit.
Oh, and she's the cutest thing ever. I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom. She really is the cutest thing ever. =)

I hope the colic is on its way out. Me cutting out dairy did wonders for Alexa as well, but eventually I was able to start consuming it regularly again while still BFing.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how fast it has gone by! My little guy is going to be three months right after Easter!
ReplyDeleteWhere is the time going? I swear it speeds up even faster with each kid.