First and foremost, my little girl has slept from 9 PM to 6 AM for the past two nights. It's been amazing. I was just thinking about how to start transitioning her to sleeping through either the 3 AM or the 5 AM feeding. Lo and behold, the very night I start wondering how I'm ever going to do it...I wake up at 3:30 and she hasn't woken yet. Of course, being the new mommy I am, I went to check on her. Sleeping soundly. I wake up again at 4...still sleeping soundly. At 5? Still very much asleep. 6 AM came and Mady started crying to eat. I about ran in there, I was so happy. First off, I missed her! Secondly, I had to give her tons and tons of kisses for letting Mommy sleep. (Minus the times I checked on her.) Last night....we did the same thing, with only a 3:30 AM check. I know this can change at any time, but, it's been glorious to sleep. And I think Mady's been happier the past few days too.
I'm not forcing or stressing over afternoon naps anymore. I'm SO happy if she takes one, but if not, we deal. She's not nearly AS colicky, so it's been much easier to handle her not sleeping. Brett's also been getting up in the morning to help me. He entertains Mady while I pump. Mornings are the worst with me and pumping, so, this helps IMMENSELY. All in all, I think we're hitting a groove. After a melt down earlier this week, we made some adjustments and I think they're all going to be very positive. (And it certainly helps that Mommy is getting more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep at a time!)
We went to the doctor on Monday. My guess on height and weight were just about correct. Mady weighs 10 lbs., 4 oz. and is 21.5 inches long. She has a head circumference of 38. The doctor says she looks perfect. Still working on getting rid of cradle cap (now it just looks like dry skin, which is what I thought it was since it's not the gross looking cradle cap anymore) but other than that, she's just fine.
I took Mady to see the Easter Bunny yesterday. It was kind of difficult for me to hand her over to a stranger. I was literally sweating as I put her in the Easter Bunny's arms. Mady however, couldn't have cared less. As long as someone is holding her, she's happy. Here's her picture (excuse the blurriness, it's literally a picture of a picture, taken with my cell):

Here is the two month picture that I promised:

And some more pictures because she's cute.


This has to be one of my favorite pictures ever. Nothing was wrong, she was just being grumpy, but how funny is she?????

She is so adorable and that last picture is precious! I remember the first time STTN I was a wreck!!
ReplyDeleteOh the pouty face! It's like kryptonite when my babies do that to me!
ReplyDeleteShe is darling! So cute! Jack had bad cradle cap. We rubbed a little bit of pure olive oil on it and combed through with a fine-tooth comb. It all came out and never came back! YAY for Mady for sleeping through the night! That is HUGE!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I love that last photo!!
ReplyDeleteShe is absolutely adorable! I have a feeling you'll be showing her that last pic when she's a teen ;-)
ReplyDelete