Anyway.
My little peanut is 14 pounds, 4 ounces. She's 25 inches long. Her head circumference is 42 cm. She's just TINY. Perfectly healthy.
We discussed solid food in detail. Finger foods, the "allergy" to sweet potatoes, drinking from a cup. I can't wait for all of these things!!!! I gave her carrots tonight. Not as much of a fan of carrots as she was of sweet potatoes.
We discusssed her inability to sleep through the night. Our pediatrician suggests letting her get up once to eat. She says babies as small as Mady often aren't able to eat enough during the day. Therefore, one night wake up is justified. Other than that though, she says to let Mady cry. It breaks my heart but I know we have to do it. We have three issues right now:
First, Mady STILL sleeps swaddled. We try every week or two to try and break the swaddle and she will NOT sleep without it. Yes, she's rolling over, but she yells out as soon as she does. Even still, I hate it. But, I can't let her cry it out until she has her hands free to self soothe. I just can't do that to her. Next problem, which is easily fixed is we have to lower her crib mattress. Today I put her down for a nap unswaddled and she cried and cried. I went to get her and found her sitting up in her crib. Whoops. So Brett will be lowering the crib tomorrow. Third problem., she makes herself throw up if she cries too long. The pediatrician says if she does that, to clean her up with minimal soothing and put her right back in her crib. Yikes. I know we have to do it. I know it's probably the only way we're going to stop her from waking 8+ times a night (lately). I just hate the thought of it. I have to do some research to educate myself enough to do it properly. I'll need to do check ins on her. Dr. says to go in long enough just to let her know we're still there and that's it. Sigh.
Here she is after an unswaddled nap. You can see how successful it was:
Don't worry, I could feel her breathing and she didn't sleep this way for long.
Um, what else? She cried harder than she ever has for shots. But, by the time we got her into her car seat, she was fine. She's in bed now and seems no worse for the wear.
For fun, here is my little King Kong trying to destroy her activity mat. I remember the days when she could only lie underneath it and watch the lights.

Awww I can't imagine letting my little one cry it out. That breaks my heart just thinking about it. Hang in there mama. You can do it! Haha I love the "king kong" pic. She's so pretty!
ReplyDeleteCrying it out is so heart wrenching. I hope it helps with Mady sleeping through the night!
ReplyDeleteMine still doesn't sleep through the night either! So rough!
ReplyDelete