Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 9, 2012

Mady Is 11 Months Old!

My sweet girl. 11 months old.



Mady is an absolute joy these days. She's so funny and so smart. She can tell you where her nose and her toes are. She dances, she "reads" to the dog and she runs.

She's still obsessed with my toothbrush. We had a picnic on the floor today and she loved eating the pretend food. She sat on her bike for the first time today. (We call it a bike, it's really a ride along thing.)


My "scientific" method of weighing her says she is 17.2 pounds. Mady spent 7 of the first 9 days of this year really sick. She had a stomach virus that was so awful, I couldn't imagine being so sick. I'll spare you all the details, but let's just say I've never done so much smelly laundry in my life. We were taking baths together at 3 AM because of the messes that would happen. All over Mommy, no less. Ugh. I really thought she'd lose quite a bit of weight, but she is 2 oz. more than she was last month. I'm sure she did lose weight, but....

Mady's favorite songs are the ABCs, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, The Wheels On The Bus and Patty Cake. She just started calling Brett "Da" today. She's still calling Bailey "Shhh". She'll eat just about anything I put in front of her. Her favorite foods are Cheerios, avocado, blueberries and anything with cheese in it. We'll be starting the transition to whole milk in two weeks or so. She's currently taking 5 bottles a day, 4 during the day and 1 in the middle of the night....25 oz. total. She was JUST starting to sleep through the night quite often and then she got sick. Hopefully she'll remember what it's like to STTN soon.

I'm in full party planning mode. We're doing a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme. Invitations are printed and ready to be put in the mail. I've been all over town scoping party supplies and trying to find a cake. Mickey Mouse rules my thoughts these days.

Mady is truly becoming a little girl now, rather than a baby. My sweet girl.

2 comments:

  1. Awww she is so precious! Happy birthday Mady =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I cannot believe she's almost ONE!!! I cannot wait to see bday party pics :)

    ReplyDelete