Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mady is 1 Year Old!!!!!!


I write this post with tears in my eyes. Tears of both sadness and joy. Sadness because an entire year of my baby's life has already passed. Where did that teeny - tiny, helpless newborn go? How has she grown so quickly? Yet, I'm overjoyed at the little lady she's become. The light of my life.

I remember it so clearly. Waking up at 2:30 AM, with mild contractions. Wondering if these were the real thing, or another trick that Mady had up her sleeve. An hour later, I was awake, getting ready for the hospital. A grand total of 19.5 hours later, Madelyn Elizabeth arrived via c - section. The most amazing day of my life.



We've had our hard times. The jaundice. The refusal to breast feed. The colic. Oh, the colic. The not sleeping through the night. The horrible stomach flu. The endless game of "Mommy, I can empty your shirt drawer faster than you can even realize I'm doing it!". But, oh, we've had our amazing times. The sleeping on my chest. The giggles. The sound of chubby little feet running through the kitchen. The best hugs in the world.

As of today, Mady still loves her Mickey Mouse. She is in LOVE with books. We read endlessly. She loves Bailey to death. Her favorite games are Peek - a - Boo and Ring Around The Rosie. She giggles hysterically when we chase her. She still can't get enough cheese. She also enjoys fruit of any kind. Really, these isn't much she doesn't like. So far, the only things she won't eat are onions and garlic. She had her last bit of formula today, so now she only drinks water and whole cow's milk. She is down to two bottles a day. One right before bed and one in the middle of the night. (5 oz. each.) We tried a small spoonful of peanut butter today...no problems. She's trying very hard to use utensils.

Mady is still obsessed with my toothbrush. She likes the toothpaste too, but now that she's learned how to open the cap, we've had to hide it from her. As stated earlier, she can empty a drawer in record time. Mady still isn't sleeping through the night. While it's frustrating, I kind of enjoy it. (When she only gets up once, that is.) I like the quiet time with her. She holds onto my hair, and I can tell she's going to play with hair like I do.

We've started "Mommy and Me" swim classes this month. She is a big fan. The teacher says Mady is the best baby she's ever taught (She probably tells this to every Mom!). She doesn't cry, even when we put her head under the water. Right now, we're simply working on kicking in the water, and doing the arm movements.

Mady has gotten really good at climbing stairs this past month. She's learned what to do with a brush, even though she's not very good at using the brush yet. She loves looking at the pictures on our walls. She's my little shopping buddy and I love taking her places. Everyone comments on how cute and well behaved she is. She loves to dance. She has 3 different "moves". She bends at the knees, twists at the waist, or she holds one hand in the air and turns in a circle. So cute, I can't stand it.


She's still a peanut and we'll have official measurements next week. As of right now, she has 9 teeth. 6 are fully in, 3 are about halfway in...and I think she has more on the way.

We didn't do a whole lot to celebrate today. Brett had to work late, so, we'll save the big celebration for Sunday, at her Mickey Mouse party. But, she got special "1" shaped pancakes. She had a bubble bath, which she loved. We went to Target and bought some birthday presents, visited Daddy at work and then had swim class. Nothing big, but she was happy.



I can't believe my baby is a year old. An entire year of her life has already happened. I just can't believe how much she's grown and changed. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I can't imagine my life without this amazing little girl in it. Being her Mommy has made me the happiest I've ever been. I thank God for her every day.

Happy Birthday Baby. I love you more than I ever thought possible.

3 comments:

  1. How the heck is she one?!?! She is adorable!! Happy birthday baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful recap and such awesome memories! Happy birthday Mady =)

    ReplyDelete