Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 24, 2012

Omaha and The Omaha Zoo

After a day at the Omaha Children's Museum, we all stayed in a hotel overnight.  This was Mady's first night in a hotel.  Once we checked in and made our way to our room, Mady was VERY excited to see a King sized bed.  I don't know what made it exciting for her, but she loved it.  She sprawled out across the bed and made sure to check out the pillows.  



 
After we got our room in order, we headed down to the indoor swimming area.  There was a no depth play area, along with a pool and a hot tub.  We spent about 2 hours playing in the water with everyone. 


There was even a waterslide.  I'm kicking myself that I missed Brett and Mady coming down the slide.  (I caught the person before them.  Darn it.)  But here they are waiting in line to go down the slide.

 
After swimming, we went back to our room and tried to put Mady to bed.  TRIED, being the operative word.  She just did not handle it well.  After about an hour, she was up screaming.  ::Sigh::  So, we brought her into the bed with us.  The first time she's EVER shared a bed with us.  It was a difficult night, to say the least.  Brett didn't sleep much at all because Mady kept kicking him in the back.  She is definitely a roller through the night.  No one got much sleep that night.  This was what I found after my shower the next morning:

 
 
So yeah.  I don't think we'll be doing any hotel stays with Mady again anytime soon.  Oh well.  We tried.
 
That next day, we went to the Omaha Zoo.  We had a great time as a family.  I don't think Mady quite got the full effect of the zoo this year, but she will soon.  I just don't think she could see well enough yet.  When she could see animals though, she loved them.  Particularly the sea lions, primates and big cats.  I'll spare you every animal picture we took, I'll just include some fun shots.
 
 
 
 
Two little monkeys:
 
 Watching the monkeys high in the sky:
 
 A big, white tiger:
 
 
All in all, we had a fantastic two days in Omaha.  We'll gladly go back again soon.  But I don't think we'll be staying overnight anytime in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment