Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Matters of Opinion

How do you handle differences in opinion?

The other night I was sent a forwarded text message that was racist in nature. It was obviously meant as a joke, but, it certainly wasn't funny to me. I told the sender that it was highly inappropriate, disgusting and no one should have thoughts like that in this day and age. I asked him to never send another message like that to me ever again...and said he should really think about never sending a message like that to ANYONE ever again. To which he told me that it was just a joke and I should lighten up a bit. In reply, I told him rather than me lightening up, he should plain grow up.

Pathetic.

Along the same lines, when you have a difference in opinion, how do you choose to behave? Do you agree to disagree? Or do you think your opinion is the only correct one and everyone else should adapt? I've come across situtaions like these several times lately, be it with family and friends, in politics, etc...

I like to think that even if I disagree with someone, I try to see their point. I may not agree with it, but, I try to see the other side. Am I in the minority? I hope not. I feel like I am.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I sometimes get texts that are like that and it drives me nuts! I have had to tell one of my aunts many times not to send me texts like that anymore...I dont know why some people think it is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something tells me I know who sent that to you...

    ReplyDelete