No, I'm not pregnant. I think this story surprises me even more.
Backstory: When my sister and I were little, we had a special song with my Grandparents. Whenver there was a jukebox around, we'd play it, whenever we'd talk to them on the phone, we'd sing it to one another, etc. It was Stevie Wonder's, "I Just Called To Say I Love You".
More backstory: Every Tuesday since I got my job here in Iowa, I've listened to a psychic on the radio. I don't really listen to HER, she's just on the radio station I listen to.
So today, I'm listening to her and I get the random idea to call and see what she has to say about me getting pregnant.I don't know that I actually believe in psychics, but, what could it hurt? I really didn't even think I'd get through.
So, I DO get through. And I ask the psychic if she sees a successful pregnancy in my future. She says, "Does the future mean in the next 10 years, or rather soon?" I said, "Well, let's say the next six months." She asks me if this will be my first and I say yes. She then says, "Well, I see that you put things on hold for a while, due to financial issues. Is that correct?" (Holy cow!) I say yes and she says, "Well, I want to tell you to tell your husband not to worry about money because babies have always cost a lot and this is nothing new. You two will be fine. And yes, I see a successful pregnancy in your future. Very soon."
So, I'm excited but, I still don't know that I believe. The DJ is wrapping up the call and I hear the psychic tell the DJ to hold on for a second. She begins talking to me again. She says, "I see someone watching over you. An older woman. She passed on a few years ago. She says she has something special she wants you to know. You will hear your message soon." Um, okay. So I thank her, we hang up and I go on my merry way, to start doing my morning work.
I swear on my life, the next thing I hear coming from the radio?
"I Just Called To Say I Love You".
I broke into sobs right there in the office. Thank goodness we weren't open yet and I was the only one working today.
I don't even care so much about the baby prediction, because who knows. But this song thing? I'm amazed. I just can't believe it. Yet, it really happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that gave me chills! that was so cool! and what exciting news!!
ReplyDeleteWow! That gave me goosebumps!
ReplyDeleteCrazy! And exciting!
ReplyDeleteSo crazy!
ReplyDeleteWow! That's crazy.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I dont know you personally and it brought tears to my eyes! that is so cool. and good luck on the baby thing too!
ReplyDelete