Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First Thanksgiving

This year is the first Thanksgiving I will be spending without my family. Some will say, "Oh, but your husband's family is your family too". And while they're certainly correct, I mean MY family.

My dad, my aunt and uncle, my cousins and their families....it's going to be very strange. I'm sure I'll be a bit emotional, but, I know all is okay. Brett's mom was nice enough to ask me what I usually have for Thanksgiving at home and she's going to make some things she doesn't normally make, for me. So very nice of her. She also asked me to make the apple crisp this year. Apparently this is a big deal, as Brett says she's never let anyone else make it before. Kind of makes me nervous...I hope it turns out okay.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Have safe travels, eat lots of good food and be thankful for your families. I am certainly thankful for mine, especially now that they're an 8 hour car ride away from me.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) I know that feeling all too well.
    I spent 3 Thanksgivings away from my family, but with Dan in Cali...and now we rarely spend Turkey Day with them, but we get to see them way more often.
    I hope your day was wonderful and that your Apple Crisp turned out great!

    ReplyDelete