Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

In Need Of....

...some TLC.

On most days, my husband is wonderful. He makes me laugh like no other. We have so much fun together. He's not the most romantic guy in the world, but, he shows his love in so many other ways.

But, right now, I'm just ready to strangle him.

I need some support. I need help with things around the house. I need hugs. He's been complaining to friends (not behind my back) that the second trimester has been REALLY difficult for HIM because I'm so moody. Well, I can easily say I'm so moody because of his lack of TLC. It'd be nice to come home from work and have him help me with dinner. Or have him say, "Dear, I'll clean up the kitchen tonight". He complains that he'd tired after a loooong day of golfing. "Um, let me tell you about being tired. I can't vacuum without resting. But I work a full day, come home, make dinner, clean up the kitchen, try to keep this house in order....but yes, let me hear how tired YOU are."

Not to say that I'm feeling miserable or anything, but a little understanding would be nice. Some flowers when I come home. A nice long hug. An offer to rub my back when it's bothering me. Simple things. I just put a cute little note in his stack of cards (debit card, driver's license, etc...) the other day. He threw it away. I'd NEVER throw it away.

Again, he's a wonderful husband. My very best friend. He just...doesn't get it. I'm a girl. I need some extra love right now.

Ugh.

5 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) I hope he comes around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. This sounds alot like my husband, the Anti-Romeo.

    But, he will at least vacuum for me.

    I have been following you for awhile (I found you on Ashley's blog) and I wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy! We are due about 5 days apart so I am having fun following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men. Sometimes you just have to tell him what you want and what you need. They don't read minds like us women. :D
    Hope he catches on soon. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime you need to talk email me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love you tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete