It's been an endless 90+ degrees, with over 100 degree heat indices (is that how you spell the plural of index?) and we've had CRAZY amounts of rain. Including Sunday, the worst storm I have EVER seen in my LIFE. Seriously, in my life.
After the storm was over, Brett and I drove around, surveying the damage. The city was in shambles, I can't imagine what it'd look like if we actually had a tornado. We didn't even get out of our driveway before seeing our neighbor's tree, completely uprooted and lying across the power lines. If it hadn't hit the wires, it definitely would have gone right through their roof. I wanted to take a picture, but, the lady was in the window, so I felt weird. Here are the things I did get pictures of though...
From our back deck:
.jpg)
.jpg)
See the javelin in the middle of the picture? That's a tree branch, we saw it fall "from the heavens" and land straight up and down like this.
.jpg)
See the SUV UNDER the tree?
.jpg)
And the aftermath:
.jpg)
Over our house:
.jpg)
Despite the huge rainbow, I'm moving to Alaska. I hate this heat and humidity. And we're in for another storm of this caliber tonight. Fun fun.

This has been a crazy summer for storms. My Mom's car got totaled by a tree even :(
ReplyDeleteStay safe!! The javelin branch was scary. It's amazing how powerful summer storms can be!
ReplyDelete