I have to vent only because I'm at my wit's end.
It's been 17 days since my C - Section and I'm still in incredible pain. I'm taking 1000 mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hours and it barely touches the pain. I don't know what to do. I haven't even taken the steri strips off of my incision because I'm afraid of the added hurt. I've called the doctor, the nurse says my pain is normal and it will take at least 6 weeks to be back to normal. I don't even go in for an appointment for a couple of weeks.
I don't even want to be back to normal. I just want to be halfway not in pain. I can't walk around with my baby when she cries because it hurts too bad. I can't leave the house because walking causes pain. Which means I have to send Brett for things that I want/need to shop for. Bottles, nipples, dog food....he has no idea what he's looking for. Not to mention, I need nursing bras...and I can't order them online because I have NO idea what size I am. I can't leave my house to do any of this because I can't even stand up straight. I can't do anything IN my house either. No cleaning, I can barely get up from the couch. If it weren't for Mady needing me, I wouldn't be moving out of bed.
I know I had major surgery. I know it won't feel like everything is perfect immediately. But shouldn't it feel a little bit better by now? Granted, it is better than the first few days after Mady was born, but, there has been no improvement since I've been home.
Sigh.
On the other hand, Mady is wonderful. She's so funny with her little faces...the One Eyed Willie, sticking her tongue out at us....we just love her to pieces. Pictures will follow, once I can move enough to get my camera cord and upload.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was just thinking about you and thinking about emailing you. I'm so sorry you are still in so much pain. :( sending you tons of vibes that you are feeling better soon and are able to get around.
ReplyDeleteThat doesn't sound right, Katy. I had 2 c-sections and was very functional within 4-5 days. DEFINITELY not in the pain you're describing past the second day post-op. I'd call your doctor and get in there.
ReplyDeleteaww, I hope you start to feel better soon! hugs! <3
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. I hope that you start feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your in so much pain. You know your body better than anyone else so I would call the Dr back and tell them that you want to come in for an appt because you know something is not right. Trust your instincts. I hope you feel better soon!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again on beautiful Mady. Ultimately, your body needs a lot of rest and recovery- but everyone is right, if something feels off you should err on the side of caution and go into the doctors.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!
I'm sorry you're in so much pain! I have no experience with c-sections but that doesn't seem right to me either. I would think the pain should be getting better by now. I'm surprised they didn't give you something stronger for the pain when you left the hospital? After my lap I got vicodin and that's a minor procedure.
ReplyDeleteThat much ibuprofen is not good for you either. The max safe dose is 800mg every 8 hours. I hope you get in to your doctor soon!
I am sorry that you are having to endure all that pain. Even though I didn't have a c-section, I am having a terrible recovery too.
ReplyDeleteHopefully we both start feeling better soon!
i'm so sorry katy. :(
ReplyDeletewish i could offer some advice, but all i can say is that it will get better, eventually! i am happy though, that mady is doing well. as much as the pain sucks, that makes it all worth it. post more pictures!!
take care of yourself! xoxo