
We've hit the 4 month wakeful period. Mady stopped sleeping through the night about 3 weeks ago. I knew it wouldn't last forever. I don't mind her getting up once a night or so. HOWEVER, the past few days, she's been waking up 10 - 20 times a night....simply for her pacifier. I'm not ready to let her cry it out yet, so the nights have been long here. I know she's just playing a game with us to make sure we'll come and comfort her. Ugh, the little stink pot.
Other than that, she's doing so well. Not rolling over consistantly yet, but she does it when she feels like it. (Our world is all about what Mady "feels like" doing.) She does however, pull herself from lying on her back up onto her feet like a champ, with a little hand holding from me. The pediatrician is quite impressed with her strength. She's found her toes and it's only a matter of time before her toes find her mouth.

Her favorite toys are her Baby Einstein ball and a stuffed Pluto her Gigi sent us from Disney World. She loves to sing and scream and baths are getting more fun as well. She keeps Mommy VERY busy. Refuses to entertain herself for longer than 10 minutes or so. Her favorite song is "5 Little Speckled Frogs" and it can usually stop a crying fit in an instant. Thank goodness.
The pediatrician says we can start her on solids once she shows signs of readiness. Mady is definitely interested in watching us eat, but isn't showing signs of wanting to do it herself yet. So, we'll wait, but I'm sure it'll be happening soon. Dr. C says to start her on thin rice cereal and move onto other foods at the 6 month point.
She weighs 12 pounds, 1 ounce and is 23 inches long. Both put her in very low comparison percentiles (less than the 20th percentile for both), but the doctor simply thinks Mady is going to be a peanut. She asked me if I was small, and I was, so Dr. C says Mady will be the same. I hope grows to be at least a bit taller than I am though.
All in all, Mady is a joy. Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever encountered in my life. So worthwhile, but this high needs baby thing is kicking my butt!!!! She's the light of my life though. I wouldn't trade her for a minute.

Awww what a sweetheart. Happy 4 months, Miss Madeline.
ReplyDeleteI hope she lets you get some much needed sleep at night real soon. ((HUGS))
Oh, she is such a cutie! Sorry she feel out of the sleeping through the night routine. Daegan is starting to do that every couple of nights too. It is rough.
ReplyDeleteBut at least she takes a pacifier! We have been trying to get our little guy to take one forever, but he prefers to use me as a pacifier instead. Great for him, not so much fun for me!
Aww how sweet! I can't believe she is four months old already!!
ReplyDelete