Brett has been gone all weekend at the second location of the family bar. It's very busy, which is good for business, but bad for family time. Anyway, Mady and I have been alone since Friday afternoon and we are doing just fine, thankyouverymuch. I was nervous. 4 days alone? What if she has a screaming fit and I can't calm her down? What if I need a break? What if she won't sleep at night and I have no one to help me?
I put all of the what ifs aside and we're doing great. We've had some bumps, but nothing I couldn't handle. I feel like I'm finally getting in a bit of a groove, even if my house is STILL a disaster area every day. I'll find time for that stuff. Someday.
Mady has some white, swollen parts on her upper gums. I'm still debating if they're teeth or not. My mother in law insists they are, since Brett got teeth this early. (Brett must have been a miracle baby, according to what my mother in law says. He was eating cereal at 2 weeks, got teeth at 4 months, and was walking at 7 months. Interesting.) I'm not as convinced of teeth as she is. Granted, I have a very drooly little girl, who likes to nom her hands raw. She's been a little warm, but nothing high enough to constitute a fever. She's been cranky at times, but has no interest in chewing on anything cold or a teething ring/toy of any kind. And there are the two, white, swollen bumps. On her top gums, where her eye teeth will be. I was expecting teeth on the bottom to come in first. In a few months. Time will tell, I guess.
She's still not laughing. I've had two instances where her noises MIGHT have been a laugh, but nothing concrete. I'll save the baby book entry for when it's a FOR SURE giggle. I can't wait.
My family called me today. They're all having a get together at my aunt's new lakehouse. I talked to my Dad, 3 Aunts, an Uncle and a Cousin. I miss home. Everyone was asking when we'd be home for a visit. I'm hoping no later than August. I'm nervous to make the 8 hour drive by myself with the baby. And I don't know that Mady is ready for a plane yet. Or, maybe Mommy isn't ready for a plane ride with a 4 month old. But, I need a visit home. I miss my family and I want everyone to meet Mady. I doubt my Dad will EVER get here on his own, despite our trying.
And an update to the pumping post....I'm still pumping. As people have suggested, I'm going to try breast feeding again, just to see if she'll take to it. I tried once and she didn't want to, but, I'm going to try again. We'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment