Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Missing Out? (Blog 2 of 2)

Sioux City is moving up in the world!!! Elton John is scheduled to have a concert here tonight. I've seen him before, it was a great concert, I'd love to go again.

That is, until Brett called me today to say he scored tickets, if I want to go tonight.

Tonight?

That isn't nearly enough time to prepare myself to leave Mady for the first time. Yes, I've left her for a run to the grocery store or something....and ONCE for a pedicure. But that's it.

Who'd watch her? (Grandma.) Who'd put her to bed? How can I go so long without seeing her? How can I not be there when she goes to sleep? What if she cries? Heck, what if she SCREAMS? How will I even enjoy the show? I'll be wondering how she is all night long.

Maybe if I had a little more time to prepare, I'd have said "Yes, let's go!". I know Brett and I need couple time too. Heck, except for the above mentioned things, I really don't get out much. And RARELY without Mady.

So yes, I think I'm missing out on not seeing Elton John tonight. But, I'll be putting Mady to bed, and that is WAY more enjoyable to me.

1 comment:

  1. Awww sorry you'll be missing out on this. I hope you're able to have a rematch date soon =)

    ReplyDelete