Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Updates

I hate that I never have time to blog anymore. I mean, I love the reason why, but it's no fun to not be able to blog. Mady consumes every ounce of my time....is this normal? Other moms have time for things. I have time to read blogs and such, so I guess I COULD blog myself, but then I'd never have time to catch up on my friend's lives. Oh well. Do things when I can, right?

Baby Updates: We started cereal a few weeks ago. I don't think Mady is necessarily LOVING it, but she's tolerating rice cereal. I'm trying to decide if we should move to other foods or not.

We tried to break the swaddle for sleeping. Yeah, tried. For a few days, I thought it was working. Then all hell broke loose. Screaming for hours on end at night. It was terrible. I didn't want to lose to progress we'd made not swaddling, but eventually gave in after 2.5 hours of screaming one night. (I wasn't a horrible mom, I didn't really catch on that no swaddle was the problem for a while. I thought she was just being stubborn.) We swaddled her that night and she went right to sleep. And has been sleeping better ever since. Oh well. We tried, it didn't work, we'll try again someday.

Mady's toes have found her mouth and it's adorable.


She still loves her Exersaucer and is getting really good at spinning herself around.



And one week shy of 5 months in, I think Bailey has accepted that Mady is here to stay. Bailey usually hides as soon as Mady wakes up each morning. This is the closest she's come to her...that I can think of.



What else? Not much. It's Mady's world here and we just live in it.

I'm trying to make plans for a visit home, I hope I can make it soon. It all revolves around Brett's work schedule. I can try to make the trip myself, but, an 8 hour drive with a baby AND pumping scares me. We'll see.

I don't know how national the news is, but our city, as well as the surrounding cities is greatly affected by the flooding of the Missouri River. We know quite a few people that have or will lose their homes. We're lucky enough to live in an unaffected area, but, we're only about 2 miles away from complete and total loss. It's so sad.

And finally, my dear, dear friend M is going through a tragic loss right now and my heart just breaks for her. Out of respect I won't go into detail, but, please just keep M, J and B in your prayers. They need and deserve them, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you are so close to all the flooding! It is so horrible!

    Life with a baby is so, so busy! I have to skip the few hours of sleep that I actually do get just to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's getting so big! Love the toes in the mouth pic. :D

    Aww Bailey. I often wonder how our "kids" will be once our LO arrives. It'll be interesting.

    Those floods are awful. It's so sad. I'm sorry to hear you know of some who will lose/have lost their homes. :( Glad you guys are okay though.

    Life is so unfair. My thoughts are with the W family as they go through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete