Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

2009 was a whirlwind for the Lias household. We started the year with Brett just getting over his illness. We searched for jobs, we were unsuccessful and then we made the major decision to move from Illinois to Iowa. It took a bit of getting used to, but, we can definitely say it's been the best decision we ever could have made.

In October, we celebrated our first anniversary and on the very same day, we put an offer in on a house. The next day that offer was accepted and in November, we moved into the house we plan on staying in for a VERY long time. It is the house we plan on raising a family in, the house we're absolutely in love with.

2009 was definitly an improvement over the end of 2009. We are in a completely different world now and there isn't much more that can make us happy. All that's missing is that baby...but, we've started some changes in our TTC methods and we're hoping these changes are what is needed to bring us "our baby". These changes include more positive thinking, less obsession and lots and lots of trying!!!

Tomorrow Brett leaves for Florida to see his Iowa Hawkeyes compete in the Orange Bowl. I must admit, I'm terribly jealous that he's getting to go on a vacation. But, I am happy to see him go to something I know he's going to enjoy so much.

I continue my trek in living a more healthy lifestyle. While the holidays and horrible IA snow have derailed things a bit, I am back in the gym tomorrow, back with my trainer on Monday. I've already received several compliments on visual changes in my body. I don't see them yet, but, I've been told I've definitely lost some inches in my midsection. I'm very proud that others have noticed, but, I continue my journey until I am happy with my own body image. I've completely changed my diet and am actually enjoying the gym. Go me!!!

Here's to an incredibly happy 2010. Full of babies, healthy lifestyles, job contentment and life happiness!!!

1 comment: