Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Birthday

I turned 31 today.

31 is NOT old. I don't think that for a second. But, it's weird to think that I'm officially "in my thirties" now. A few days ago I started thinking about how I'll be 40 sometime soon. It seems so strange.

I had a great birthday. Got 4 phone calls from people who sang to me. I laughed each time. One from my niece Ali, one from my aunt, my cousin's little girls: (my Goddaughter) Ailish, Maggie and Maeve while they are in Disney World, one from my step nephew in law Braden and one from my Dad. Loved them all! I received tons of Facebook wishes, a bunch of e-mails and a wonderful card from one of my besties, Kimberly. Brett and I have been socializing all weekend, so today we kind of laid low. We went out to dinner tonight and that's about it. I was perfectly happy with that.

On the flip side, I turned a year older, which makes it more difficult to conceive. With each passing day, I take full notice of how much more difficult this will be each month. Not impossible, but, it's not getting any easier. Again, I know I'm not old, but, it's getting harder each month.

Last night, in the car, Brett made his first real mention of children. With a very quiet voice he asked, "Do you think we made a baby this month?" My heart about melted. We started talking about things and it was nice to have HIM start a conversation. We talked about our plans for the future and how we both still want me to be able to be a stay at home mom. We're both nervous about the cost of out of pocket insurance, but agreed to not worry too much about it until we need to. It was just good to talk about. Good to know he's thinking about it. Good to know he cares.

Happy 31st Birthday to me. I really hope 2010 is a year full of positives and very minor negatives!!! I'm staying positive!!!

3 comments:

  1. 2010 WILL be a year of positives! I'm glad Brett started the baby convo, that must feel good to have him bring it up for a change. All of my positive joo-joo is heading your way this month (and always :) ) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you mine is this Friday so we have something in common January Babies are great. Hope you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete