Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Really, REALLY Would Like...

...to post about some good things. I guess it's just not in the cards yet.

My cousin Tracy has been watching our dog Bailey since we've been in Iowa. She and her husband Bob have 3 little girls, and 2 dogs of their own. Tracy called me tonight to let me know that Bailey had "went after" their dog Angelica twice today...resulting in some nasty cuts on Ang's face...and in the midst of breaking things up, Tracy was bit as well. She was actually quite calm about the situation, telling me that everything's okay, they're not angry, they just think Bailey misses "Mommy and Daddy" too much. I, of course, am devastated. Bailey has never had an aggressive bone in her body and no one quite knows where this came from. She's been there almost a week already and there were no problems until today.

Immediately, I told Tracy I'd send my Dad to get Bailey. I can't possibly risk Bailey doing this again and really, really hurting Ang, or God forbid, getting one of the girls entangled accidentally. I'm so horribly upset. I thank goodness there were no SERIOUS injuries and I thank goodness Tracy and Bob aren't more upset.

So, I call my Dad, he is going to get Bailey tomorrow. I say to him, "Seriously, it has to end here." He says, "Um, no, it's not over yet."...

My Dad lives in my sister's basement and the weather in IL had been strangely warm. All of the snow melted today...and it was pouring rain. My sister's basement flooded - not just flooded...flooded with sewer water. All of my dad's posessions have been ruined. He has no bed, barely any clothes....on top of that...my sister has a 5 day old baby. No one has time or money for this right now...right after Christmas no less. As it stands now, I think my dad is going to stay at our house on our couch for the time being.

It never ends for us, does it? It really doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment