Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Something Different (Post 2 of 2)

I went to church today. I haven't been to church in many, many years.

I'd been thinking about stopping in on a Saturday evening mass for a while now but never did it. Well, today is Ash Wednesday and I don't know...I just felt a want to attend. What better day than today?

I don't know how I felt about it. I didn't feel anything like, "Ah, this is what has been missing in my life". But I did feel kind of nostalgic for my childhood and kind of like there was a little bit of, I don't know the word. Hope? I was surprised at how much I remembered about mass. Some things were different due to it being a different church. But, for the most part, I felt like I was back in grammar school, in church with my parents and grandparents.

I looked for the candles to light for loved ones but couldn't find them. Perhaps I'll go on a less crowded day to find those. I have at least 5 that I'd like to light for special people.

All in all, a positive experience. I don't think I'll be going every week, but, I think I'll try to attend more often. Couldn't hurt, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment