Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 29, 2010

It Isn't Heartburn

I went to Urgent Care yesterday because after my blog entry the other night, my pain got unbearable. I was talking to my dad on the phone and I think he'd have jumped from IL to IA to help me because I sounded so horrible. Brett and I figured it had to be a broken rib or something. What else could cause so much pain when I moved? When I even breathed????

Well, I have costochondritis. Basically, inflammation of the lining in between my ribs. Nothing serious, most often there's no cause for it. The doctor thinks though, since my body is changing so much, my rib cage is just irritated.

No real treatment, just ice, rest and Tylenol if I really need it. I'm just glad it's not a broken rib or anything. Now that I know it's nothing serious, I feel (mentally) much better. Physically though, it's horrible. A few people have told me they've also had it (not due to pregnancy) and they say they felt like they were having a heart attack. That's basically what it feels like. Not that I've ever had a heart attack, but, this is what I'd imagine it feels like. I can't take a deep breath without groaning, I can't sleep, I can't really move because it hurts so badly....

Yuck. At least I got to stay home from work today though. That's a good thing.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that really stinks! At least you can have peace of mind now. Enjoy your day home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learn something new everyday. I've never heard of costochronditis. Sounds awful. Glad it was nothing really, super duper serious. ((HUGS)) and hope you heal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((hugs))) chica! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had this! It hurts BAD!!! Mine was so bad that I was getting corticosteroid shots injected directly into the cartilage. Girl, I feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon!!! Mine lasted a LONG time just due to the area that it was in (on the last rib rubbing against the top of my pelvic/hip bone). It actually spread all the way up to my sternum and caused a huge knot to stick out. I will be praying for a speedy and painless recovery. I hope the Tylenol knocks some of the pain out. Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, noes! i hope you feel much better love. major vibes!

    ReplyDelete