Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Updates

I talked to nurse Jody (Love her!) today. She called to give me results of some tests I'd had done last week. All is fine. She also wanted to give me more details about my ultrasound. I was thankful for that and we talked a bit about how rude the U/S tech was. She was very apologetic and said the doctor likes to review the information before giving too many details to the patient. Even still, Jody agreed that the tech was rude and completely understood my concerns.

Anyhow, Jody said the baby looks great. He/She IS measuring just shy of a week behind. I went in for the U/S at 10 weeks, 6 days, baby was measuring at 10 weeks. They aren't concerned, and neither am I. Either way, my due date has been moved back one day. I'm now officially due February 11, 2011.

My amniotic fluid looks good and baby's heartbeat was a strong 163.

This week I've had some uncomfortableness. On Sunday I woke up with some pain in my rib cage, just on my right side. It wasn't horrible, but, it wasn't pleasant. It went away within a few hours though, so, I didn't worry about it. The pain was back again yesterday, a little worse, but again, gone in a few hours. And now today. The pain is NOT good. It almost feels like I've dislocated a rib or something. I don't know if it's a pulled muscle or what. I asked Jody about it, she said it's likely heartburn. Said to take Zantac and if the pain doesn't subside in a few days, call the doctor. Well, the pain never went away today and it's about as bad now as it was when I woke up this morning. I can't take a deep breath at ALL. It stabs my rib cage when I try. If I wake up tomorrow and the Zantac hasn't done anything, I may call the doctor. I just don't think this is normal. If I knew what it was, I'd deal. I could say, "Well, it's gas. That's okay." But being that I have no clue what's wrong, I don't like it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess you have a little girl in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for baby being ok.
    Boo for you not feeling ok and not knowing what is going on in there. Hope it's just heartburn and you and baby are ok. If not, hope they figure out what it is soon.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete