
Yes, I'm pregnant!!!!! As of right now, I'm due on February 10th, 2011, which makes me 11 weeks and 2 days today. I found out on June 6 and it was the first of what I will now describe as many of the best days of my life. We never had to go back to the RE, it happened on it's own, right before we were supposed to start Clomid.
Anyway, I woke up that Sunday morning and had a HUUUUGE temp jump. It was huge. So, I jumped out of bed and tested immediately. I saw a very faint line on the first test and didn't believe it. So, I took another. On that one, I couldn't tell if there was a line or not. As a tie breaker, I brought out the big gun. The digital. It took about a minute, but, up popped the magical word that I just keep repeating in my head, all day long. Pregnant. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow, this post is going to be long.
Brett was still asleep when I found out...he didn't test with me, he's always said to just tell him when it happens. Which was fine with me, after so many negative months, it would have been daunting to do this with him each time. So, all along, we've been saying all we need to do is "catch the egg". Well, I took my 3 tests and when the digital said "Pregnant", I started to cry. Brett was alseep in the bedroom and I ran out there and woke him. He says he saw me crying but didn't realize what was happening. He thought Bailey died or something, since I was crying so hard. So, I then said, "Honey, we caught the egg!" He looked all confused and I said, "I'm pregnant!" He gave me a hug and we both cried. I was shocked that he cried. That kind of made me happy, I wasn't sure what his reaction would be. He didn't sob or anything, but, there were definite tears and that was nice to see.
As for symptoms, looking back, collectively, I was able to see a pattern. But, as each was happening, I shoved them off as PMS or "No, this couldn't possibly be an actual symptom". Some days I was a bit dizzy. The day after what I believe to be implantation, I was so sensitive to smells it was crazy. I was walking through the mall food court and could smell EVERYTHING. I've been sensitive to smell ever since. I had a few headaches and that's not normal for me. Nothing bad, just kind of there. My boobs were very sore, but, that's typically a PMS symptom for me. I was (and still am) very bloated, but again, attributed that to PMS. The fatigue has been crazy. But, my boss had knee surgery at the beginning of my last cycle and I've been tired ever since. So, until I tested, I didn't really think it could be pregnancy. The strangest thing for me? Not necessarily a pregnancy symptom, but, something not normal for me at all. Night sweats. Ever since guessed implantation day, I have been sweating like crazy at night. I wake up drenched. Normally I'm cold, so, this is the only thing that made me think, "Something is weird here." I'm still SO hot, all of the time. As time has gone by, I've had little bits of nausea, but, only if I don't keep my tummy full. As long as belly is happy, Mommy is happy.
We FINALLY got to see the doctor for the first time on Monday, July 19th. At that point, I was 10 weeks, 4 days pregnant. Up until that point, we kept everything a secret from family and a lot of friends. We just didn't want to have to back track, if God forbid, something was wrong with the baby. On Monday, the doctor confirmed the pregnancy and we had to go back on Wednesday the 21st for our first ultrasound.
The ultrasound tech was terrible. Just terrible. We walked in, she didn't say hello or anything. Just, "Okay, lie down on the table." She didn't explain what she was doing or anything. She put the towel over my pants, squirted the goo onto my abdomen, took pictures and barely said a word. She DID say, "Baby is wiggling a lot" and "There is the heartbeat". She didn't say anything about arms or legs or anything. I had to say to Brett on my own, "Do you see the legs there, honey?" Then, almost as soon as we got in there, she said, "Okay, you can use the rest room now." I went to the bathroom, came back, there were two pictures printed out and that was it.
So, I looked at her and said, "So, are you allowed to tell us how baby is measuring or anything?" She said, "About 10 weeks. I don't know if they'll change your due date or not." And opened the door for us to leave. She didn't tell us how fast the heart was beating or ANYTHING. My mind was swimming and I wish I'd have been quick enough to ask my questions. I was just in shock about how rude she was.
Despite her rudeness, I'm happy to know that everything looked good with Baby. He/She is measuring about a week behind, but, I ovulated a week later than "the norm", so, I was expecting that going into this. We'll see if my due date is changed or anything. As I said, as of right now, I'm due February 10th and Brett and I are over the moon excited. I've waited for this for so long and I can't believe my dream is finally coming true.
Anyway, without further adieu...Here is Baby Lias!


Many, many more posts soon...including how we told family and all that good stuff. In the meantime, if any of you reading know me on Facebook, please don't say anything until I post about it myself. Some people still don't know...and we may just want to wait until after first trimester is over.

This post made my day. I am SO happy for you! I am looking forward to many upcoming pregnancy posts :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I'm so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kaymee shared the great news with me. So very happy for you. I will be stalking your blog.
ReplyDeleteCongrats H&H9
Mandee
(skinnursemandee)
Congratulations!! Soo happy for you and your hubby. Will pray the next several months go smoothly and baby grows healthy and strong.
ReplyDeleteAgain, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I am so happy for you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys!! You are going to be such a wonderful mom!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you two! All the best to you and baby.
ReplyDeleteH&H 9 months!
Sorry your ultrasound tech was such a bitch. Jerk!
So happy for you! =)
ReplyDeleteYay! I am so happy for you guys! Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to both of you! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! I am so so happy for you and Brett! Congratulations! H&H 9 months!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! SO excited for you! how much did your temp jump??
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so happy for you love!
ReplyDeleteH&H 9 months :D
CONGRATS!! H&H 9 months!
ReplyDeleteYaaaaaY!!! What a cute little bean! Congrats!
ReplyDelete