One of the big reasons I look forward to summer is because of Panera Bread's summer menu. For several years, they have had a Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil salad that I LOVE. Seriously, I wait impatiently for summer each year, just for this salad. It's big chunks of tomato, mozzarella cheese and basil shavings. It has this amazing vinagarette and it comes with focaccia bread on the side. My mouth waters just thinking about it.
Well, we only have one Panera here in Sioux City and it's on the other side of town. Not far, but, it's not convenient to get to. I made the trek over there once earlier this summer and they gave me the wrong order. A salad with tomato and mozzarella in it, but, it also had the greens....which I didn't want. The vinegarette was different as well. Blah.
Then today, I knew I was going to be in the area so I stopped for a Panera salad on my way home. All I could think of while running my errands is this fabulous lunch I was going to have. I go in, order the salad, bring it home....and realize it's the SAME salad they gave me the last time. CURSES!!!! They must have changed the salad.
Grrr....I'm so angry right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ohhh, that's just wrong of them!
ReplyDeleteI am still mad at them for changing the brad on their Frontega Chicken Paninis. It used to be this great Rosemary Onion Foccacia (sp?) and now is just boring old foccacia. I miss it dearly and even complained to the compnay about it! Now I want to go get one (the old kind that is)
ReplyDelete