As I said last night, now that things have been confirmed, I feel better. I'm still sad that I don't have 100% abilities, but, I realize that there is still no reason to believe I can't get pregnant.
So, I am choosing to work with what I have. Will I still have moments of "Why do we continually get the short end of the stick?"? Definitely. But, I will focus on the positive going forward. Being negative won't help me get pregnant. I have to look at everything we DO have in order for this not only to work, but, so I don't go crazy.
I have one working fallopian tube. My hormone levels are good. All of the necessary TTC tests measured well for me. Brett's semen analysis was good. I will likely start Clomid next month to help things even more. I continue to show all signs of ovulation. All of these things will keep me positive.
I told my Dad about everything last night. I just felt weird not telling him the major thing going on in my life. I started out by saying, "Well, Brett and I have been trying for quite a while to have a baby." He cut me off and yelled "YOU'RE PREGNANT!?!?!?" (Cue the sigh.) I told him we're not and that we're having problems....told him of the week's events. It's very hard to explain things to your dad without going into too much detail. But, he was really interested and concerned. He obviously expressed his sadness (for lack of a better word) and said he hopes things work soon for us. I know he won't pressure or continually ask about things. He'll just take it all in stride. He did tell me he hopes it works soon though, "because 3 grandkids just aren't enough". Hahaha.
Here's to moving forward with a positive attitude. A plan to "work with what we have".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment