I'll get my bood work results tomorrow but I already have unofficial HSG results. I still have to talk to MY doctor about the results though....
For those that don't know an HSG tests to see if the fallopian tubes are blocked for any reason. Essentially, a doctor inserts a catheter and a "balloon" to insert dye into the fallopian tubes. They then x-ray the midsection to make sure the dye flows completely through each tube. If the dye flows correctly, the tubes are clear and the egg/sperm can flow through and fertilize/implant.
Unfortunately, according to the doctor that did the procedure, my right fallopian tube is blocked. Sometimes the doctor can use the dye to force blockages out and unblock the tube. He couldn't do that in my case. It's completely blocked. There are many reasons why a tube can be blocked. The most common is due to an ectopic pregnancy, but it could be something like polyps, cysts, etc. I won't know more until tomorrow. To my knowledge, I've never had an ectopic pregnancy so, who knows what the problem is.
As I said, I still haven't talked to MY doctor to get the official results. Therefore, I'm trying to stay off the internet. I did visit sites like WebMD though, just to see what I'm up against. It looks though, that my chances of getting pregnant are even more slim than a healthy woman's 20% chance each month. Since I'm likely only working on the left side, I only have a 20% chance every OTHER month.
Ways to solve this problem look to be surgery and/or fertility drugs. Surgery can actually cause more complications, including future ectopic pregnancies and miscarriage. My doctor has already mentioned fertility drugs, so, I'm guessing I'll start those ASAP. I can't speak very much on the surgery route right now because there is still so much that needs to be discussed with Dr. Jones.
As of right now, I'm pretty devastated. I know there are probably more options that I'm aware of now. I need to remember that. However, this is the one thing with my body that I didn't want it to be. Granted, I still have one good tube and I need to be happy about that. Honestly, both tubes could be blocked, so I'm grateful to still have a chance. But, my chances are a lot smaller now and I'm just heart broken. Heart broken and shocked.
Still waiting on Brett's semen analysis and my blood work. Here's hoping those all come back okay.
Honestly, can't we just have a long stream of good luck? Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sorry, Katy. :( ((Hugs)) Think positive thoughts. I hope your doc has some good news for you and gives you more options.
ReplyDelete