Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Emotional Aftermath

I'm still not talking to Brett. Very mature, I know. I'm just so tired of the stupidity.

And I should clarify, as I was thinking about this post all day....

...If I have to go back to work, I have to go back to work. It's not that I won't do what I need to do for my family. I just....don't want to work while Mady is young. I want to be the mom who's home when she gets home from kindergarten. The mom who chaperones field trips. That kind of thing. When the idea was presented to me to move here, the bargaining trip was that I wouldn't have to work. And now it's a whole different ball of wax. I feel like I was "duped". It's not that we won't have enough money for me to stay home. But, we will have extra cost (insurance, the physical lack of my all be it small income, etc...). We won't be in dire straights if I don't work. We won't be unable to support ourselves. We'll just have....less. Gone will be the days of buying a new big screen TV "because we want to". We won't be able to eat out as often. But, who eats out all the time with a brand new baby anyway??

And I should also say that I do NOT feel working mothers are bad mothers. Not in the least. There are definitely benefits to having children in day care. There are definite reasons that moms have to work. I don't question those things at all. I admire moms who work. But I also know that a lot of them would much rather be at home with their babies...and I'm one of those people.

So yeah, I just wanted to say those things because I hate sounding like a brat. I may STILL sound like a brat, but...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment