I feel so awful complaining, when Ashley is going through so much. But, I guess we all have our own battles to fight. I'm thankful these are my battles. I also feel awful that almost every entry is bad news. However, it will end at some point...right?
Okay, first order of business. My kidney. I'm still having bad pain. The pain comes and goes, but, when I have it, boy does it suck. it's not NEARLY as bad as October's pain, but, it's not normal. I can't lie on my right side, I'm swollen on my right side, I can't sit comfortably....it's not fun. So Tuesday I gave in and called the doctor. Got in to see the Urologist yesterday morning. He did some poking around and said I either have another kidney stone or my kidney is just incredibly swollen. (My kidneys seems to be permanently swollen, so this wouldn't be new....they'd just be more swollen than usual.) He sent me for a cat scan and lo and behold, there is NO stone. Yay! The nurse called with my results and I asked her what he said about my pain. Like, why do I have it and is there anything I should be doing to manage it? I think she thought I had 4 heads. She had no idea what to tell me. Okay, great. So, I'll have to call the office to talk to the doctor tomorrow. I'm fine if this is an after effect of the kidney stone. I'm fine if it's just swelling that will happen to me randomly. As long as I know that this is supposed to happen. Time will tell.
And, along the lines of kidneys....this stuff must run in the family. Tonight my Dad told me that his kidneys are failing. He is a diabetic, he has been for almost 30 years. I think this was expected to happen at some point. But, that doesn't make it any easier. Apparently he's been on medicine for it since January, but with everything happening with me and Brett, he didn't tell me. He went in for more blood work last week and the medicine he is/was on hasn't helped. In fact, his kidneys have gotten worse. So, the doctor upped the medicine dosage, but the next step will be dialysis. Sigh.
And FINALLY, we think our renter may fall through. We found out today that our Association has a rule about tenants with dogs. Meaning, tenants are not allowed to have dogs. I don't know why it makes a difference when owners are allowed to have dogs...but, tenants aren't. Brett had me look through our handbook tonight and while it IS in the handbook, it is NOT anywhere in the renter's section. It's in the "Pets" section of our handbook. I'd NEVER have thought to go to that section for things of that nature. If renters aren't allowed to have pets, why isn't that in the RENTERS section???? Not entirely the HOA's fault, but, it would have made things a hell of a lot easier had it been in that section. (It's also our fault for not going through the handbook cover to cover again before renting to anyone. I can honestly say I remember reading it two years ago when we bought the house, but completely forgot until today.) I'd be happy to just adjust our lease to NOT show a dog and submit that to the HOA...and have a little document on the side about the dog. But, I don't know that either realtor will go for that. So, it looks like we may not have a renter as of tomorrow. We'll see what happens. Even worse, I feel so badly for our renter. She was supposed to move here in like, 10 days. Now she has to scramble to find something else if we can't figure out a solution. And I know how hard it is to find a place that allows dogs...let alone big dogs. I really, really hope we can work something out...or she can find something else for the time being. I feel so bad for her.
So yeah, not a good week. I've got to get this house packed and I can barely move, so, I'm starting to panic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sorry Katy
ReplyDelete::HUGS::
You can't seem to catch a break.
Does your dad qualify for a kidney transplant?
I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteYou poor girl. I feel so bad for you.
Don't ya just hate when our parents keep things from us...like it's going to make it better for us when we do find out. Grrr.
::Healthy vibes:: coming your way and for your dad too.