Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday Nights

Since my grandfather passed away (over 10 years ago), my family has gotten together for pizza, drinking, dessert and gossip EVERY Friday night. Some weeks would be cancelled due to vacations of random plans, but, for the majority of the last 10 years, every Friday night was spent at Aunty Peggy's house. Some weeks there'd be 4 of us, some weeks there'd be 30 of us. You never knew who'd be there, but you always knew SOMEONE would be.

Tonight was my last Friday night. It was a quiet one, just me, my aunt and my uncle. But, I liked it. It was nice to just visit with them. My Aunt Peggy and Uncle Tom are my second set of parents. They babysat for me when I was little and I, in turn, babysat for their youngest when I was old enough. My Aunt has been the closest thing I've had to a mother in the last 7 years. Her kids, Tracy, Tommy and David are like brothers and another sister to me. Besides Brett and my Dad, they are my world.

So tonight was my last Friday and it was bittersweet. Such a nice visit, but, I can't believe it's my last one. Sure I'll come back to them when I visit, but, things will be different now. I won't know all of the inside jokes, I won't hear the weekly updates....it'll just be different. I don't think my aunt wanted me to leave tonight. I know I didn't want to leave.

It's so weird that this is all really happening now.

1 comment: