Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back To Work Tomorrow....

Well, I have a job. Not at the bloodbank that I interviwed for. Frankly, I still don't know how I feel about this job. I don't know if it's the "Snob" in me, or if it's a genuine feeling.

It's at the local "Check Into Cash". A payday loan place. I'll be the assistant manager. Pay is WAY better than anything I expected out of the area. Good insurance will come in 90 days. (We'll just keep our Cobra until then.) It's about a 7 minute drive from my house, in a nice area of town. The woman I'll be working with is INCREDIBLY nice. There are two stores in town and my step-mother-in-law's niece works at the other store. I've met both Julie's niece Jodi and the manager at the other store and they're incredibly nice as well.

I'm just nervous about the...I don't know what I'd call it. Safety? People come into the store to get payday loans. I will do check cashing, wire money, that type of thing. There will be a LOT of cash on hand at one time and people will know that. My dad is FREAKING out about it. But, a job is a job. And the manager and I discussed safety and she said she's only felt a little threatened once. And not because the person was trying to rob her, but because he was in a desperate situation with paying back his loan and he was yelling at her. But, the other patrons in the store stayed with her until the man left...and he came back later to apologize. Jodi says she had the same feelings when she started there, but, now she LOVES it. There are several cameras throughout the store, and police often frequent the parking lot because there are a lot of restaurants surrounding the place.

So, I think I'll be okay. I haven't told many people about the job though. I don't know why, but, I feel weird saying where I'm working. But, a job's a job. Pay is good for the area, it's close to home and my co-worker seems nice. It'll give us insurance, which is what I've wanted all along. And hopefully, I'll only have to work for a year, right???

The other reason I haven't told people about the job? I'm afraid to jinx it. When good things happen, I'm afraid. I'm afraid something bad is going to counteract it. That has seemed to happen for the last 9 months.

Here's to hoping things are continuing on an upward turn for us....

4 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I think it will be better than you expect despite the reputation of a clientele. Just because they need money doesn't mean they are bad people.
    I'm glad something good is coming your way for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Morgan, you're exactly right. I know I shouldn't feel at all nervous. It's like retail and a bank rolled into one. I'll be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy that's great news! Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to hear about your first day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Katy! I am sure it will be great. Morgan said it best. Let me know how the first day goes.

    ReplyDelete