Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bad Day

Wow. So, I wake up this morning, check my e-mail and see I have a Facebook message from a girl that I grew up with. Well, I grew up with her brother. They lived next door to me from the time I was 8 months old until we moved to the Chicago suburbs when I was 15. The brother is 4 days younger than me, she is like, 8 years older than me. Anyway, they moved to a suburb near us a few years later...the girl and I got very close while I was in high school and then after I went to college, we drifted apart. No real reason why, my guess is, I was away at school, making new friends, she had a different life, I had a different life...we just drifted apart.

So anyway, we recently re-connected through Facebook. Not in a really friendly type of way, she'd sometimes comment on my pictures, I'd comment on hers, she called me on the phone once several months ago...but that was the only real contact we had. I wouldn't say we were FRIENDS again, we were Facebook friends...and distant ones at that.

Well, I check my Facebook inbox and there I have this e-mail from her, basically ripping me apart. She tells me that I am a self centered, stuck up b*tch, nd says she can't imagine ever being friends with me. Says I make her sick. She complains that she invited me to her going away party EIGHT YEARS ago, and she's angry that I didn't invite her to our going away party. She goes on to say I'm a "typical member of the Lxxxx family", stuck up and showing my true colors. She then tells me to screw off and that I am a hypocrite and a b*tch. Her closing remarks are, "You fit right in with all them Lxxxx'x. Good riddance to you - enjoy cornland - and kiss my *ss".

Um, okay. I really don't know where this came from. First off, we've barely been friends for the past 10 years. Secondly, she's like, 40 and has a little girl. Am I really worth you getting so upset over? ESPECIALLY when we haven't really been friends for so long? I could see if we were friends NOW and all of a sudden we stopped talking, but....it's been over ten years since we were good friends.

I wasn't even going to reply, but, I did. I said, "Where on earth did this come from???? If this is how you truly feel than I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish you the best. Obviously you have ill feelings towards my family as well and since you felt the need to attack them too, I wish you the best and will move on with my life. You have an adorable little girl and I hope she has a good life...I hope you do the same."

Wow. Now, I'm not saying I'm the nicest person all the time. Who is? But, I have no idea what brought this on in such force. And I don't really feel I deserved all of this. And to call out my family, what is THAT about???? Who does that at 40 years old? Or 38 or whatever she is. There are CRAZY people in this world, with way too much time on their hands.

And I know I shouldn't take it to heart, but, gosh. You can't help it when you're so strangely criticized.

So all of this happened and I decide to go and get a pedicure. Since they usually lift my spirits a bit. Yeah, not this time. I went to the place recommended to me and they BUTCHERED my foot. It's still bleeding, an hour later. I have to redo the entire nail polish job...it's just awful. Ugh.

Not a good day.

8 comments:

  1. She is obviosly a piece of work. You don't need that in your life anyways. Sorry your pedicure didn't go so well. Ugh... sorry girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need her in your life anyways. I am sorry she did that to you. I think you are a great person and a great friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously she stumped her toe on something this morning, and had nowhere else to direct her anger. Or something equally dumb.
    Regardless of what it is that caused this stupidity, you are not the cause. In fact, if I can make any suggestions, in order to relive your frustration - I would write back the following:
    "Thank you for sharing your opinion with me. It's nice to know that after 8 years, my actions still have SUCH an impact on your emotions. This is only further proof, that I should rule the world. Thank you again, K."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ashleys aunt and have been reading your blog we met at her shower. Well anyway this girl who wrote that obviously has a mind problem such language for a Mom to use I would have not even replied but you are the bigger person a great one with your reply hope your toes are better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What a bitch. Sorry that was mean.

    Sounds like you don't need her in your life anyways...what a whack job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...totally freak!! She definitely has issues and none of them are you she just took it out on you. You are too nice for anyone to be so rude to you!

    Sorry about the bad pedicure...hopefully today is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZERZ! Talk about holding a grudge for 10 years! This girl sounds a few eggs short of a dozen! Honestly! My guess is she ha a bad day and already insulted all her other friends too much that or her other friends found out what a nut-job she is and quit talking to her long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a crazy biotch. What a crappy way to start your day. I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete