Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Job Interview Today

I had a job interview at the local blood bank today. Everyone has been telling me that they have really good benefits. And, since that's basically what I'm working for, I thought it'd be a good match. My job would basically be 40 hours a week, but, 4 days. Maybe a Saturday if needed. Also, if there is some sort of tragedy (such as a 9/11 or local plane crash or something), I'd be expected to work, since people will typically come out of the woodwork to donate blood in such an event.

So great. The pay is AWFUL. And I don't mean awful in the difference between Iowa and Chicago pay. I mean AWFUL in general. But, again, if I'm essentially working for benefits, then what does it really matter.

Yeah, until they showed me the cost of the benefits. To cover Brett and I, my salary might not even cover the benefits. Wow. Now, on the one hand...this shouldn't really matter. We'd have the benefits - and again, I'm only working to have benefits, right? But, on the other hand....that's really crappy. Really crappy pay and REALLY high insurance rates.

I don't know what to do. I'm almost hoping I DON'T get offered the job, then I won't feel torn. It's never easy, is it?

1 comment:

  1. UGH! I'm sorry the pay is that awful. Any other job prospects?

    ReplyDelete