Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 21, 2010

AW - ing My Friends

I just have to take a moment to say how special a group of friends are to me.

When planning our Destination Wedding, I joined theknot.com's Destination Wedding discussion board. Through that board, I have met a lot of exceptional women. I have also NOT met a lot of exceptional women. Some of these girls have become my very best friends, despite not meeting quite a few of them. Once we moved to trying to have a baby, I migrated to the "Getting Pregnant" discussion board and became friends with a few girls there as well.

These girls have been by my side through good and bad. They're the ones who know the ins and out of my daily life. I consider their children nieces and nephews, and as I said, some of them have become my very best friends.

Gifts for Mady have been trickling in lately (on top of the shower gifts and the wonderful gifts from relatives) and I just can't believe what my board girls have been sending us. Here are some pictures of a few gifts that we've received.

From my friend Kami, on the Getting Pregnant board:




From my friend Melissa, from the Destination Wedding board:



And from Kimberly, also from the Destination Wedding board. She HANDMADE all of these gifts for Mady. (Note the hot pink and orange color palette of everything. She knows me too well!):




She also sent these adorable onesies. There is a onesie for every month of Mady's first year. 12 of them. Each handmade with a number on it. Simply adorable. But, how can Mady go from so little to so big in one year? I'm already not prepared for her to grow up!!!



Thank you to my wonderful friends. You mean the world to me and Mady is lucky to have you all as "aunts".

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I love those handmade gifts from Kim. Too freaking cute!
    Online friends are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete