Today's visit was really, really good. I gained 1 pound this month, making total weight gain 9 pounds. I'm happy with that. I'm REALLY happy it was only 1 pound this month, I honestly thought it'd be about 5. I'm scheduled to do the GD test at my next visit. No pains, no worries, nothing of interest to report. My belly is measuring right on target and Miss L is still measuring about 6 days behind. (Still no concern about that. Nor will there be.)
I had the 4D ultrasound to confirm the sex before going to Chicago this weekend. She's still a girl. Yay! We couldn't get many good pictures because she's pressed right up against my placenta (this is totally fine, nothing dangerous about it). Since there wasn't much fluid between her and the placenta, pictures are limited. But, we do have some decent 2D shots, all of her profile. We have one good 3D shot, which is of her thigh, calf, foot and even her little toes! (Our desktop with the scanner isn't working properly, so, as soon as I can get the pics uploaded, I'll post them here.) We could see her opening and closing her mouth, she kind of looked like she was singing. She also likes to hold her hand around her face...kind of like her Mommy cuddling up with the blanket and pillow in bed at night. We could also see her taking breaths in and out, which was SO cool!
And finally, now I can announce her name! I'm so excited to say Miss L's name is Madelyn "Mady" Elizabeth. I'm in love with her name and say it in my head a million times a day. Elizabeth is after Brett's Great Grandma and Madelyn is a compromise between our tastes. I wanted a classic name, he wanted something more modern. We both liked the nickname Mady, but with different formal names. I liked Madeline, he liked Madison. So, as a compromise we went with a modern spelling of the traditional name, with a nickname that we both really like.
Yay for Mady Lias!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOVE the name!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteYay! What a great, beautiful name. :) I'm so happy for you. xo
ReplyDeleteCute name! So glad all is going well!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the name Madelyn!!!
ReplyDelete