Today, I broke down. I've been trying to find a coming home outfit for her. I know it's still almost 3 months away, but, I want to make sure I have something that's warm enough for her. So, I hit Target, hoping to find something cute to bring Mady home in. I think I found that and more. I didn't go overboard, but, I now see the obsession with shopping for clothing. honestly, I'm glad I didn't start earlier.
I got:
A thin, long sleeved sleeper in light blue, with white and purple flowers on it.
And this:

And these:

And this, which is likely to be Mady's coming home outfit (Of course, with a little hat, socks and a blanket over her):

Wait, why DID I wait so long?
On another note: Mady's dresser came via UPS today, I can't wait to really start working on her room.
AND, my husband has seemed to turn over a new leaf. We had a talk (or um, I had a mini breakdown) and since then, he's been spending more time with us, has been more understanding and helpful and has taken more of an interest in Mady. He loves to spout off random facts to me and not tell me where he's found them. The fact for today was via text: "WOW. Did you know you can burn up to 500 calories a day when breast feeding????" Seriously, where is my husband? I'm dying to know where he learned this. And I'm so happy he actually took an interest.

I love the coming home outfit! I haven't bought anything yet either...but I already have a truckload of boy stuff just laying around, so I think the only thing I might buy is a coming home outfit. (Although, maybe not. Last time I did that the baby came early and I had to send my husband out to buy a preemie outfit to bring back to the hospital.)
ReplyDeleteI think it's hilarious that we have so much in common. Too bad we both aren't having girls!
And lucky you! I'm actually jealous that your hubby is interested. Mine was for the first two, but now I think he's a little bored with the whole pregnancy thing. lol.
Sorry I wrote a book instead of just a comment. :)
shopping for babies is SO much fun...welcome to your new addiction :)
ReplyDeletecute outfits! guys are funny about facts, aren't they?
ReplyDelete