Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, November 5, 2010

26 Weeks



Holy Jeez, I'm getting to be a beast. Suffice it to say, I'm NOT photogenic. No maternity photos for this girl!

How far along? 26 Weeks.
Weight gain/loss: At my last appointment, I was up 9 pounds total.
Stretch marks? I think I'm getting MORE on my belly.
Sleep? Hips are getting sore again.
Best moment this week? We're in double digits now!!! 98 days until Mady is projected to be here! We started "Childbirth Preparation" classes this week. I was actually impressed....we weren't bored to tears. Nothing very exciting happened this week. Just plugging along.
Food cravings: Still going with cheeseburgers and chocolate. And I'm throwing in sour cream too. Weird.
Gender: Girl: Madelyn Elizabeth (Mady)
Belly button in or out? Pretty shallow. And it's darker! Again, weird.
Movement? Earlier this week I made a comment that she'd been a little less active. Mady must have heard me because she's been more active than EVER in this last half of the week. Yay!
What I Miss: My hips are still really sore, so, I miss normal hips. I also miss being able to move at a normal pace. And not having to groan every time I move.
What I'm looking forward to: Next week's class takes us through childbirth. I'm looking forward to learning about that. Also looking forward to the doctor next week. I have my Gestational Diabetes test. Not that I want to take the test, but, at least it'll be over by this time next week.
Milestones: Mady can hear us having "normal" conversation now. I keep telling Brett that he needs to cut back on his swearing. Good luck with that one, right? 98 days and counting! (Maybe!)

Right now we're in a "debate" (I use the word "debate" with a grain of salt) about me staying home with Mady. Now Brett is saying I should go back to work after she's born. There's no way. I moved here BECAUSE he told me I'd be able to stay home with any children we had. If it wasn't time yet, HE shouldn't have initiated trying to conceive at that point. Now that we're 26 weeks in, a decision has to be made. I know I will go back if I have to...and I know there's nothing wrong with being a working mom. Mady would be fine in some sort of day care environment. I know that. But....I hate it. I'm so bitter right now, I can't see straight. We'll see what the future weeks entail. In the meantime, I'm looking into day care options....but still holding my ground on my reasons for staying home. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful Katy! Best of luck with the SAH/daycare situation, I hope you're able to win the "discussion"!

    ReplyDelete