No Gestational Diabetes for this girl! Yay! I was kind of nervous, since my Dad is a brittle diabetic, I'm a bit overweight, etc....but nope. My blood sugar was 87 so I'm perfectly fine. Phew!
I gained 5 pounds this month. Yikes. I'm up 14 pounds total. The nurse practitioner (I was supposed to see a different doctor today, but he got held up at the hospital) said it's actually very good though. She says some months are better than others and the 14 pound total is really good. I don't think she realizes my doctor only wants me gaining 15 to 20 pounds total. But, oh well. She said it was fine, so yay.
Blood pressure was VERY low, but still within healthy ranges. I think she said 100/50. But, I'm not sure if that's WAY low and my memory is wrong. I know she said something/50 though. At 26 weeks, 5 days my belly is measuring between 27 and 28cm. Nurse says that's fine. We talked about my sciatic pain, she gave me some stretches and exercises to do. If those don't help, they'll refer me to a physical therapist. I want to try the simple stuff first, since the pain isn't there all of the time.
I am supposed to start movement/kick counts at 28 weeks. I could start now, since Mady moves so much as it is. But, we'll wait another week. Next appointment is Dec. 6th and by then, I'll be over 30 weeks. Crazy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay for no GD!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear that you avoided that icky gestational diabetes. It sucks. I had it with my last pregnancy and I am still waiting to hear from my doctor's office about the results of my glucose screen this time around. I fear that I may have failed it once again. Eek!
ReplyDelete