Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, November 12, 2010

27 Weeks



I'm really not liking myself in pictures. I never do, but, this is getting ridiculous. (And that's not a ploy for everyone to say "Katy, you look so cute!".) I'm really proud of my body and what it's doing for me/us right now. But, I'm looking bigger and bigger....and I really do think I look bigger in pictures than I do in real life. I certainly don't feel as big all over as I look in pictures.

How far along? 27 Weeks.
Weight gain/loss: Up 5 more pounds this month. Total of 14 this pregnancy. Getting to be too much, too soon.
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely necessary.
Stretch marks? Yep.
Sleep? When I'm actually sleeping, it's quality sleep. I wake up a lot though. Whether it's for going to the bathroom, because my hips hurt or because my hands have fallen asleep, I wake up a lot.
Best moment this week? Mady got some great gifts this week - that will be another blog post, maybe tomorrow....and Mommy found a new favorite store in the mall. A store of all baby headbands and hats. And more importantly, I heard Mady's heartbeat again at the doctor and it's just wonderful (143). I don't have Gestational Diabetes, which is also a really good thing.
Food cravings: Still chocolate. It's getting out of hand, really.
Gender: Girl: Madelyn Elizabeth (Mady)
Belly button in or out? In for now. Brett told me it's getting flatter though.
Movement? Mady's been so incredibly active this week. After drinking the Glucola for my Gestational Diabetes test, she was more active than she's ever been. I sat and watched her in my belly for over two hours. My belly was moving every which way, from a foot, a leg...both?
What I Miss: My hips are still really sore, so, I miss normal hips. I also miss being able to move at a normal pace. And not having to groan every time I move. (Same as last week.)
What I'm looking forward to: Third trimester this week! YAY!!!!
Milestones: Third trimester is really exciting to me. Mady should be able to open and close her eyes now...and if she wants to be, she can suck on her fingers. I never sucked my thumb or anything, but, to this day, (this is really weird, I know.) I suck on my tongue. I wonder if she'll do the same thing?

1 comment: