Mady cries CONSTANTLY. She wakes up happy, but, by the time she's done with her first bottle of the day, she is a bear. She cries and whines all day long. She refuses to do most anything but be held...and even then, she's mostly crying. There are definite exceptions, but for the most part, I have a grumpy baby. I suspected colic because I've seen no signs of reflux or gassiness, there's been no fever or anything. So I figured colic would be the answer.
Just to be sure though, we went to see the pediatrician. Of course, Mady cried the entire time we were in the office. As the doctor walked in, she said, "So, is this what you're here for???" Yes, ma'am.
She suggested baby massages, to cut all dairy out of my diet (which isn't much, I've been careful about dairy since she was born, but I do have some milk or a slice of cheese on occasion) for a week just to see if it helps, she suggested car rides if things get crazy. She also said to make sure Brett and I take turns with her to not drive ourselves crazy. So, that's what we're going to do.
Fun times.
Mady does have her happy times though. Through the night, she happily eats (she's 9 lbs, 12 oz with clothes on!!!) and goes right back to sleep. By some miracle, she's asleep in her swing right now. First thing in the morning? She's very happy. Here's proof!

How can you not love that smile?

Here is some unsolicited advice! ;) Ellie was extremely high needs. Had to be held non-stop, and I mean NON-STOP! She wouldn't even sleep in her own crib. Anyway, a couple of things that made life manageable were baby-wearing. Hot-slings or even the baby Bjorn. She just had to be close. Also, we tried Gripe Water with some success. I had a cd of lullabies that I made for her and that helped in the car--because that girl usually screamed non-stop in the car too! NOTHING except for me holding her seemed to calm her down! Does Mady take a pacifier? THAT was a God-send.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, girl. I'm feeling your pain!
Hang in there. I hope the colic gets better! On the other hand, how could you not just melt when you see that face! She is precious!!
ReplyDeleteI've heard Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water works.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mommysbliss.com/products/1-gripe-water-original-flavor
I love that little smile. Cuteness!
Rough! I hope she grows out of that soon!
ReplyDelete