Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interview, Home Repairs and Vacation

My interview wasn't as I'd hoped...it wasn't to work for the staffing agency, it was to get my resume in and have them help me look for something. So, it wasn't even a formal interview. Oh well, at least there's someone else helping me look for a job now. It's never good though, when the staffing agent says, "There's not much out there right now." Great lady, thanks for that. Oh well, hopefully another interview will come along soon.

Brett is still on the home improvement kick. We definitely need to replace our countertops, so we went looking at granite today. He's going to go back to a few places tomorrow to price some more. It's not really a question of whether or not we're going to do it...we HAVE to. Our current counters are BLUE LAMINATE. So ugly. And these days, you can't really do much other than granite to gain any money back in resell. So, granite it is. Brett was surprised at the price. I figured it almost dead on. I think he sometimes forgets that he's not in Iowa anymore. Things just plain cost more here. Anyway, so, we're on to countertops. And we got new fixtures for his bathroom today, which meant we needed new paint to touch up the places where the old towel racks were...so we got that too.

I think he's just plain looking for things to do...which is fine with me.

We also talked about now being the best time for us to go on a vacation. He keeps playing this game with me and it's driving me crazy. He says since we'll have a lump severance coming, it might be a good time...he says that since we won't have to worry about scheduling vacation time at work, it might be a good time....I don't know. I doubt he's serious, so I wish he'd stop talking about it. He finds out his friends are going on vacations and that means we should too. Of course, I'm all for it, but, if you're going to talk about it, let's GO!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey just remember, if brett needs something to do, send him over here and ill have him put to work :-)

    ReplyDelete