Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This Is Totally Lame, But...

In the past few months, Brett hasn't done much laughing. He'll smile sometimes, but to get a laugh out of him is few and far between. For some reason, today seemed to be a particularly rough day for him. He's been trying to get his resume in order, he's bored with being stuck at home for the past 3 months....he's just "done". He was very quiet, I tried talking to him and he started crying....he just feels like he's not doing anything to provide for us...and feels like so many things are just going wrong. We talked, I tried to cheer him up...and after a while, he was better, but...he hasn't been "him" for a long time.

Then later today, I'm sitting at the computer and he's watching his favorite show, "Two and a Half Men". And all of a sudden, I hear a long, heartfelt belly laugh. He was laughing SO hard. I haven't heard that in months...and I loved it. It just warmed my heart.

I'm a dork, I know.

4 comments:

  1. Aww that must make you feel good just hearing that laugh again!! (ps ur not a dork)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I remember you saying that he cracks up big time to that show! Maybe get it for him on DVD or something and hell laugh alllll the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he's back to laughing again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that's great!
    Laughter is a huge part of our lives and so I can only imagine what it must be like to be without it.

    ReplyDelete