It has not been a good few days for me in general. But....
....I've been e-mailing the wedding coordinator at our wedding resort for over a month, trying to get our marriage certificate. Right now, other than pictures and the rings on our fingers, we have no proof of our marriage. In our wedding package, we were told that we'd receive our certificate within 3 months of the wedding. That would have been January 4th. I have no real PROBLEM with it being delayed, but....
Starting in early December, I started e-mailing the NEW wedding coordinator at the GBP, trying to get a head start on receiving the certificate. Besides just wanting it in general, I knew we were getting laid off and I was HOPING to have it before I had to apply for jobs. Not to mention the fact that my driver's license expired on my 30th birthday...I didn't want to have to renew once for expiration and again shortly for a name change.
The WC kept telling me she was working on it. Then communication started lapsing. I'd get no answer for over a week. Finally, after a semi bitchy e-mail to her, I got a reply that she was having a hard time retrieving it because our misister no longer worked for our resort. Okaaaay...
Yet again, no follow up, no follow up, Travel Agent got involved....nothing. And then TODAY, she e-mails me, asking me the name of our minister.
First off, we had this destination wedding where I didn't know half of the things that happened. No one wanted to plan with me until two weeks before the wedding. Things turned our beautifully, but, there wasn't a lot of PLANNING involved. I have a lot of friends who've had DWs and I'm guessing not many of us know the name our the minister that married us. I surely don't.
Secondly, why isn't that in my file?
Third, why is she asking me this NOW??? I've been e-mailing her about getting it for over a month.
This is going to be a long process...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment