I had my 37 week appt. today. It went rather well.
I gained 2.5 pounds this week. I believe it, as I've been eating like CRAZY. I haven't been this hungry my entire pregnancy. Mady's heartbeat was a strong 135. My belly is measuring at 39 weeks, which is a surprise becuase up until this visit, I was right on target. Dr. LaFavor says she believes Mady is going to be a "good sized baby". She asked about contractions as she was doing my internal exam....and then told me I'm dilated to 2!!! I'm shocked. I figured there'd be no progress yet. I know I can stay at 2 for several weeks though, so I'm not putting much stock in that. She also fished around during my internal, trying to loosen my water bag. I'm not sure if all doctors do that or what. ?? (Edited to add: Apparently, this is called stripping membranes? I knew it was done, but, I thought it was later and I guess I didn't know what it actually was.)
Dr. LaFavor says based on my contractions and my dilation, I may not be in for next week's appointment. I don't beleive that for once second, as I know she really has no idea what is going to happen. Still, it's nice to hear we're on the tail end of things.
All in all, a good visit. I'm going to have a snack now.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

omg! 2 cm?! already? haha Come on baby Mady!
ReplyDelete