Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!!! (Blog 2 of 2)

I saw this poll on another blog, and figured there would be no better way to sum up 2010. Have a happy and healthy 2011!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Got pregnant, went to several arena football games...some major things, some little things.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I think my resolution last year was to get pregnant...or maybe to try to be more mellow with NOT getting pregnant. I don't remember. I think my resolution for this year will simply be to try and be the sbsolute best mommy and wife that I possibly can be.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My dear friend Annie, Brett's best friend's wife gave birth to a little girl in December AND they adopted a little girl earlier this year, as well. Lots of my Destination Wedding girls gave birth in 2010.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

In September, my younger cousin Laura died. She had a heart attack, likely caused by diabetic complications. It was a shock to us all. I wouldn't say I was CLOSE to her, but, she was a relative that I was very close to as a child.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. I haven't been out of the country since our wedding. We had a trip to Mexico planned, but, Miss Madelyn decided she was more important. (And she was SO right!)

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Other than the obvious of my baby girl arriving, not much. 2010 was one of the best years I can ever remember.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?June 6, 2010. The day I found out I was pregnant. The best day of my life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Becoming pregnant. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh gosh. I completely stopped working out about 6 months ago. That wasn't good.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. Some minor pregnancy bumps, but nothing serious.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't shop much anymore. Other than baby items, there hasn't been much that sticks out in my mind.

12. Where did most of your money go?
No question, towards our two mortgages.

13. What did you get really excited about?
First I was excited about starting fertility treatments, then I was excited about our trip to Mexico, then I was ECSTATIC about becoming pregnant. Then I about died to find out we are having a Baby Girl. Then I was excited to go home to Illinois for my baby shower and to see most of my family. Lots of excitement this year!

14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Brett is OBSESSED with that "I Like It" song by Enrique Iglesias. One of the funniest times all year was when I came home from work for lunch and found him blasting the song, dancing and singing in the shower. Loved it.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or Sadder? Happier, no question.
Thinner or Fatter? 18 pounds fatter and I certainly look like it.
Richer or Poorer? Probably poorer in money terms, but richer in life.

16. What do you wish you’d done more of?

I wish Brett and I had more quality time alone together. We're so busy with work and socializing that we rarely get good time alone. Even when we're home alone, we're sleeping, watching TV...doing blah stuff. I wish we'd taken more time for one another. Even just to have conversations.

17. What do you wish you’d done less of?

I spent the first half of the year worrying and sad. While I feel justified in my feelings, I wish I knew what I knew now....that things were going to get so much better.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
With family.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
I think it's Top Chef. And Giuliana and Bill. And The Amazing Race....I love reality TV.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
The books I read were about pregnancy. So, I guess "Your Pregnancy: Week By Week".

21. What was your favorite music from this year?

From THIS year??? I fell in love with Darius Rucker (Hootie!) again this year. Other than that, more of the same.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I don't think I saw a single new movie this year. We're just not movie people. Is that sad?

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31 this year. We went to dinner with friends. It was rather low key and that was perfectly fine with me.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I wish I'd been able to see my family in Chicago more, but, that's about it. 2010 was amazing for me.

26. What kept you sane?
My girlfriends. No question.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Patience is a virtue. Embrace what you have, don't dwell on what you don't.

Happy 2011 everyone!!! I think 2011 is going to be even better than 2010 for me and I can't wait for the future. I hope you all have the same thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I stole this Meme and did it on my blog. 2011 is going to be an awesome year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this little poll. :)

    "I spent the first half of the year worrying and sad. While I feel justified in my feelings, I wish I knew what I knew now....that things were going to get so much better."

    I'll try to remember to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete