But I DID have a lot of leaking today, which I was afraid might be a slow leak in my amniotic fluid. I also suspected it might just be my old lady body leaking urine. So, after holding off for a while, I figured I'd better just call the doctor and ask. They told me to come in to be checked, just in case. All is fine, it was just urine..it was ALSO part of my mucous plug. I'm losing that in pieces. It really means nothing in correlation to labor....I can lose that and still not deliver for a few weeks. BUT, it means things are really moving along. Crazy.
During my visit, the doctor finally estimated Mady's size as well. 6.5 - 7.5 pounds. Likely on the smaller size of that range. Gee, what a surprise. Although, I did kind of think she'd be smaller. Again, this is just a guess....as nothing is exact until she actually arrives.
AND.....as some of you know, my immediate family kind of sucks. Don't talk to my mom, my sister is a train wreck and my dad is in a constant state of depression. Unless I call, I don't really talk to them on the phone and I don't imagine anyone will be visiting us anytime soon. I DO have some pretty great aunts and cousins though. They've been VERY involved in this pregnancy and are constantly wanting updates. They threw my wedding and baby shower, my Aunty Peg was even there to help me choose a wedding dress. They all attended our wedding in Jamaica....they're just great.
Today, my cousin Tracy sent me an e-mail saying, as long as it's okay with us, she and Aunty Peg (her mom) are going to come and visit the first weekend in March. I couldn't be more excited. It just means a lot to me to have some family that shows some interest.
Me with Tracy and Aunty Peg, at our rehearsal dinner:

YAY YAY YAY!!!

YAY for family coming! I am very excited for you!
ReplyDelete6.5-7.5 lbs is not large at all, especially if she comes sooner rather then later!
And I am not sure if its just me, but your pictures are always blurry :(
Yay for progress!
ReplyDeleteYay for wonderful family! Boo for sucky family. My sister is also a train wreck.
((HUGS))