But, as I said on Facebook, I'm in the "normal realm" of being defective.
I had my ultrasound for those ovarian cysts today. So this morning, I wake up get ready and down my 24 oz. of liquid for my 10:30 appointment. I get to the doctor, sign in and the receptionist says, "Vicki is running just a bit behind." Okay, not a problem. 10:45 rolls around....11:00 hits. Um? My bladder is about to explode here, people. Can we move this along please? Just as I was about to get up and ask the receptionist if I could pee and just down a bunch more water, I get called. Hooray. We almost had a minor flood.
So I go in have the preliminary ultrasound and then am told we have to do an internal ultrasound as well. (Glad I shaved!!) "Go ahead and empty your bladder completely." Um, yes, as if I was only going to empty it half way, right?
Start the ultrasound and the first thing she says is, "You have a tilted uterus". Okay, great. From watching "Sex and the City", I know Charlotte had one as well. Charlotte says the sperm had to jump OVER her uterus to get to the egg. Not quite accurate, but, whatever. The tech also tells me I have a tumor in my uterus. She ALSO says one of the three cysts is still on my ovary. At least two are gone though. She tells me she can't really offer me any insight to what's happening and I'd hear from the doctor as soon as he has a chance to review my ultrasound.
I get home and I'm trying not to panic too much. Tumor is a scary word. Luckily, my friend Jannee was home from work today, so she whisked me off for lunch, shopping and a pedicure...as to not let me google all of my ailments. In the meantime, the nurse called with preliminary ultrasound results.
The tumor is a FIBROID tumor. Not typically cancerous and fairly common in women of childbearing age. It is very small and with a fibroid this small, they don't do anything to treat. The cyst is also very small and hasn't changed in size since my last ultrasound this past Halloween. Again, since nothing has changed and the other two are gone, nothing to worry about. She asked if I experience any pain in the pelvic region, which I don't...unless they're menstrual cramps. She said that's good and another indication that this is nothing to worry about.
The tilted uterus is also very common. Something along the lines of 20% of women have one. It shouldn't cause any problems with trying to conceive...and once I get pregnant, it's highly likely that my uterus will revert back to "normal" positioning. They only consider a tilted uterus to cause conception problems once every other infertility option has been explored. Kind of like, "No other reason for you not getting pregnant...the it must be your tilted uterus."
So, I have lots of defects, but, they're all "normal" defects. Is that good or bad? I'll go with good for now. The nurse said the doctor would call if he saw anything different of more serious in the results when he reviews them. But, if I don't hear anything, all is fine with the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I say it's good news too. I'm very happy to hear there it's not serious. ((hugs))
ReplyDelete