With just a week until Brett leaves for Iowa, I'm not in a very happy state.
Tonight, Jannee calls me and asks me if I know what's happening with Tom, our center director at Citi whom I was the Admin for. Tom and I are incredibly close and when we got laid off, he asked if I'd be willing to go where ever he did, once he got a job. I happily agreed.
Fast forward to now....when Brett's scheduled to move to IA in a week....and I'm scheduled to follow once we rent this house.
Well, Tom is opening a new center doing work for the sister company we worked with. It's going to be in the exact same office space as we were before - 10 minutes from our house. Tom is going to be center director, as he was before. They've already started calling people that we worked with before...to work there.
I can only guess I haven't got a call because Tom thinks we're ready and set to move to IA. Only, I don't WANT to go and I know Tom would hire the both of us in a second if he knew we'd stay.
Brett doesn't even want to talk about it because he's all set to move. I'm shaking because I want to stay here so badly...and now there's an option. (Granted, I haven't even talked to Tom yet and I don't know if he even wants to hire me. But, if he did/does....)
Good God. This is my chance to stay here. This is my chance to work for Tom again. Again, most importantly, this is my chance to stay here. I don't even know what to do. I've e-mailed Tom, just asking him what's going on. I don't know what else to do right now. Brett's not even open to discussing things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. What a crazy situation. What horrible timing. I'm sorry that Brett won't talk to you about it. I hope things work out for you guys.
ReplyDelete