Those that know me know that I am a big "Jon and Kate Plus 8" fan. Brett and I both are. We started watching randomly one night because the sextuplets were/are so cute...and they lured us in to watching each week. We've watched for several years and I do believe that Leah is who first got Brett to even THINK about children.
Anyway, so we all know, Kate's over the top and can be a huge b!tch and blah blah blah. I feel the need to say, even though I don't always agree with her behavior...I don't thinks she's as bad as she's portrayed. As with any other "reality" show, I'm betting some of it is done for the cameras, some of it is edited to look that way. Not saying she doesn't cause a lot of it herself...just mean it's probably not exactly the way it looks. And frankly, if I had 8 children under the age of 10...I don't think I'd be all sunshine and roses every day either. Hell, I find myself snapping at Brett WAY more than I should and I don't have ANY kids. I roll my eyes and yell at her on the screen sometimes, but, who am I to judge?
So, I watch tonight's episode...where Jon and Kate barely speak at the kids birthday party, and Jon says he's merely in it for the kids now. Wow. So sad for that entire family. I whole heartedly wish that family would stop that show and try to live their lives as a regular family. Get some marriage/family counseling and do what's best for those kids. Divorce or otherwise. Brett and I lived separate lives like that for two months and it was the worst experience I could ever imagine. I can't imagine trying to do it with 1 child, let alone 8.
I sat and watched and I cried. I know, I know...it's a TV show about people I have never met. Even still, what a horrible situation to have to go through. Less than a year ago, those of us who watched saw them renew their vows in Maui, pledging their commitment to one another forever. I guess I should stop watching now....as the more people that watch, the longer the show will continue to air. I just feel badly for those kids. I know what it's like to be a child of a bitter divorce due to an affair. It wasn't easy to see my parents go through it at 25. I can't imagine it for those little kids. So sad for any family....just a very powerful, thought provolking episode for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment