Tonight we went back to our new house to take pictures. I took several shots of EVERY SINGLE room. I want to figure out what colors are going where, what bedrooms will be what and such. I'll likely post pics tomorrow, as I need to find my camera cord in the random boxes we have throughout this house.
Congratulations to my dear friend (even though she's outed to us, I'm not divulging names since she hasn't told her family or many others yet. Not that anyone would see this but, still...) on getting pregnant after 12 long months of trying. I still smile every time I think of the picture you sent to me, A. I couldn't be happier for you.
Another good friend of mine lost her mother this past week. Such a quick happening, it is so very sad. My thoughts are with her and her family...I was so sad to not be able to attend the memorial. I suppose this is one of the huge drawbacks of living so far away now.
I'm still reeling at some hypocritical things that I've experienced in the past few weeks. Amazingly unbelievable. I just can't even handle it anymore. The more I think about these things, the angrier I become. So, I'll just not think about them. Or try not to, anyway.
Attempts to get my father moved to Iowa are still stagnant. We need to find him a job with insurance before he moves. I'd be happy to have him just move here with nothing, but, that's just not logical. Not for the money, but for insurance. Being a brittle diabetic, he MUST have insurance. Major life changes tend to affect his diabetes in a negative way, so, a hospital trip shortly after his arrival is highly likely. Not having medical insurance is just not an option. We've got a few leads on things, but they require him to get off his butt and do something with those leads. We'll see what happens.
I've become increasingly sad with the lack of communication with people from home. Namely friends I did have but haven't been in contact with since I moved. The one bridesmaid that was in our wedding....I haven't talked to her since the day before we moved. I've called with no response. The only people that I seem to matter to are my wonderful internet friends. It's amazing to know what wonderful people I've met through the Destination Wedding board. Those girls are my life now...and I just love them to death.
Finally, we are 3 days into the 2 Week Wait of our 3rd cycle of Trying to Conceive. (Wow, that was a mouthful, wasn't it?) I'm praying, praying, praying we are pregnant. My aunt is praying to my Grandparents, I am talking to my body constantly, BEGGING it to make us parents. We had perfect timing this month. it's incredibly difficult to know that even with perfect timing and even if we did EVERYTHING right, we still only have a 20% chance of being pregnant. I know 3 months isn't a long time to be trying, but, 10+ years of wanting to be a mother is weighing on me heavily. The last two cycles, our timing has just been "okay". After those cycles, I was disappointed for a few hours and then I was okay with it, because I knew we could have done better in trying. But this time, we did everything right. I know I'll take it much harder if it doesn't work this time. Please, please, please let me be pregnant. Please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aww I'm praying for you too Katy, I really hope it does happen for you this cycle, you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you too Katy. I know you will make a wonderful mother. You're so loving. Try not to get too stressed out. Relax and enjoy trying! I also hope you're able to get your dad to Iowa. It will be so much better if he can be with you guys.
ReplyDelete<3 you Katy! I know we don't get to chat much, but know that I think you're awesome and am always here if you need somebody to talk to.